Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Death of a Microwave


After years of service, our microwave is finally gone. It was given to us when we were first married and has traveled with us from apartment to apartment for 3 and 1/2 years now. The other day I looked at it to see the time and was suprised to find that the time wasn't displaying. I wondered if Eric wanted to save electricity by unplugging the microwave when it wasn't being used. I forgot about my microwave until Eric came home and asked if I had unplugged it and then the sad truth unfolded. The microwave was plugged in but no longer worked. Our appliance was good to us and popped some mean popcorn. I was sad today when I tried to make lunch and realized that everything I was going to make needed to be microwaved....I guess it is time to move on and get a new microwave.


2 comments:

Aaron + Kayti said...

you never really realize how much you use a thing like a microwave until it is gone huh? exhibit a, for me - a full size stove. ha ha ha what i would give for a stove that has the correct amount of burners;)

Anonymous said...

Dang Eric, born of his father son, always trying to save a dang buck. Oh wait you said it was broke....Well to bad we just gave a pretty great one away, we couldn't have given it to you anyways; we are like 4 states away any who. Good luck looking we got ours at best buy and love it (lot's cheaper than the bosh, mike even said).